Latest Instagrams
Saturday 31 December 2016

Things What Happened In 2016.

2016 is a year which will be going in history books, and in years to come school students will be studying this year and all the major world events which happened. Trump became US president, the UK voted to leave the EU, mass shootings happened across th
e globe, people became terrified because of their skin colour, sexuality, beliefs. 2016 has been a weird one. However aside from these major world events 2016 has been possibly one of the best years for myself personally.


I turned 18, an important milestone I think. I am finally an adult, and still have no idea how to successfully adult, does anyone? or make big life decisions. I want to be a free spirit left to wander the world, explore and discover as much as this beautiful place as possible, and that is exactly what I will do.

I finished school, finally, that was a long time coming. That is one chapter of my life firmly over, I left with a handful of very close friends, two a-levels and crippling anxiety. Three things I have which school is responsible for, however they too are now in the past, the friends and a levels I still have, the anxiety I decided to leave in England when I jetted of for a new adventure, and the start of the next chapter.

I flew 9,500 miles across the world to start living, working and travelling in Australia. I have a new outset on life, new ambitions and dreams. My true friends became very clear within a few weeks, the ones still speaking to me despite the 11 hour time difference, and miles between us. Very quickly I realised where my passion lay, what I wanted to do, finally, I want to live like this, travelling, working in different countries, meeting new people, discovering new cultures. Lay on every beach across the world, see every land mark and live the life that everyone dreams of. Uni isn't for me, and thats okay. I don't know what career I want, but I'll work it out one day.

I refused to let my anxiety define me, I got my confidence back although I do still have the occasional wobble. I have learnt to accept it and deal with it, rather than refuse its an issue. I strongly believe that leaving school had a big part of it, as well as the fresh start out in Australia hand in hand with my determination to go back to my old self.

Gracie Francesca, inspired me to love myself, follow my dreams and stand up for what I believe. She is one of the most influential and inspirational women I can think of. That chick gets it, she gets people and doesn't shy away from real life problems and thats what I look for in someone, pure honesty.
Lydia Elise Millen has shown me that work hard pays off, and I don't need anyone to work hard for me. She inspires me to work as hard as I can, as hard work really does pay off. I will work hard to buy myself nice bags, travel the world, have a house, have a car and I won't feel guilty because there is no shame in working hard for yourself, and spending that money on yourself.

2016, you've been a wild one. Roll on next year.

Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins