Latest Instagrams
Friday 10 June 2016

FOTD: Basic Makeup

Basic makeup is the one. I have been loving the look of super simple, fresh, dewy, basic makeup. Simple doesn't mean minimal, I still wear a fullish face of makeup but keep it simple with one shadow shade, no liner and a ton of mascara for the eyes. The rest of the face is pretty standard, super glowy and my new favourite foundation.


I want all the glow I can get, and this MAC Face & Body foundation has a dewy finish and is super lightweight if you want or you can build it up, for a more full coverage effect. I tend to go medium with a single layer of foundation all over, then topped up in problem areas. Perfect for this summer weather. In order to warm up my skin, Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel, is amazing I cannot get enough of this. Plus doesn't add too much powder, and adds a lot of colour. This doesn't have a really dewy finish, it actually dries a natural matte but I love how amazingly it blends into the skin with a really natural finish. The Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer is brilliant for brightening under the eyes, leaving you looking wide awake. I try and apply my highlight MAC Soft & Gentle as quickly as I can, to really make it pop applying it onto slightly tacky foundation before it completely settles down will really help to give that glow and the bright 'popping' highlight effect a tip from Jamie Genevieve. Using Soap and Glory Solar Powder, I add a bit more colour, it also helps to blend out the edge of the highlight if needs be. Brows of course has to be Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Pomade focusing mainly on the outer tail and hardly placing any product on the front of the brow. Onto the eyes, where I keep it super simple using Makeup Geek Cocoa Bear all over the lid and along the lower lash line, with MAC Soft & Gentle to highlight my inner corner. Soap and Glory Thick and Fast mascara all over the lashes. And your done.
This is the makeup I have been wearing in most of my recent instagram posts, check out this one if you want to see what its like on.

Have you been loving minimal basic makeup recently? What are your favourite one wash shadows?

Looking for a new blog to read, head over to Say Sally May and let her know that I sent you!
Follow

6 comments:

  1. The S&G Solar Powder is one of my favourites for that quick simple bronze glow, I have quite oily skin so I always apply a setting powder but once I apply my setting spray I quickly apply my highlighter on top.

    Emmy | Emmys Beauty Cave | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My skin is very dry and thats why avoid powder, but applying it over the top of setting spray works amazingly too for highlight! Sometimes I do that too, if I want EXTRA glow xx

      Delete
  2. I love face & body. I used up an entire bottle of it not long ago! It's so lush ^_^

    Katie // Words By Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! An entire bottle? I am still going strong with mine and I've had it for agesss xx

      Delete
  3. So easy and quick this whole look! Need to try Solar Powder from S&G, keep hearing amazing things!

    Parie x
    classandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do, look out for them being on deal in Boots- it happens a lot and a good way too save some ££ off the product xx

      Delete

Latest pins