Latest Instagrams
Tuesday 15 March 2016

The Blogging Pressures, Striving for Perfection & Honesty

Blogging wise, this year has been a bit of a mess. Starting last year in early December where things didn't really go to plan, despite hours of planning and organising for blogmas things just did not materialise. It just goes to show that no matter how well organised things may be, there is still an element of unknown which could crop up at any moment. This year has not been very consistent, in terms of the amount of posts and quality of posts.
Blogging has taking an amazing turn, peoples hobbies are now full time careers. Amateurs are producing professional quality content, magazines are loosing popularity while bloggers are gaining it on a tremendous scale. Team internet is taking over, and although this is incredible and something nobody ever imagined would be a thing. It is very daunting for someone like me, I'm not the most literate I really struggle to make my words flow like how I imagine, or for them to sound professional as well as relatable without being too formal but not so casual they are just too much waffle. I don't seem to have the natural eye for layouts, and photography also challenges me a lot and none of the content is what I want. I can't take selfies like the rest of them, showing my makeup in photos is something I really struggle with and although frustrates me a lot the only advice I've ever got is practice makes perfect. 
The thing which frustrates me the most however is, I can't do everything that I want to do. So many ideas, plans and dreams which I don't have the time, equipment or money for. Although we know this never stopped anyone, hard work does always pay off. This year, as I mentioned in this post I can literally do anything, and by no stretch of the imagination is this blog ever going to be a career at the rate its going, I'm determined to do these things. Put as much hard work and dedication as I can, to make this a success in my eyes. 
I don't want to be pulling in thousands of pounds from my blog, I wouldn't mind not earning a penny. To me this is my baby, my hard work and dedication and over two years of determination to get where I am, and by dreaming big and giving myself something to aim for I know where I want to get to, how I want things to look and be and for me that will be a success.
As I sat in tears on Saturday, about the fact that I could not reach the standard I wanted with my blog I realised that as much as I strive for perfection, my image of perfection is very much different from the next persons. Despite the fact I'm so unhappy with my content, there is over one thousand of you who follow my blog, people take time to read and comment, to interact on social media- I must be doing something right!
Blogging is my passion and my hobby, school is not. But as much as I would love to say f**k it and throw caution to the wind put all the faith in my blog and just focus on this, I just can't. I have heard of bloggers doing so, but since I have earned the grand total of £0.00 from this so far there is absolutely no way this is a realistic option for me. So for now, school has to come first. I just need these A Levels, and for what its worth I really wouldn't want 13 years of education to go to waste.
Please understand as much as I want to be blogging till my hearts content, I can't but do know despite this, I am still thinking of new content, writing and photographing when I can and getting new content up at literally every chance which I get.
Follow

22 comments:

  1. Love this!!...I completely understand if wish I could do the same, blog regularly, but my university life must come first. You never know where your life will take you so always strive for your goals...good luck with your A levels xx

    Jess
    (Www.theworldaccordingtojess.co.uk)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Good luck with your uni work xx

      Delete
  2. Love this!!...I completely understand if wish I could do the same, blog regularly, but my university life must come first. You never know where your life will take you so always strive for your goals...good luck with your A levels xx

    Jess
    (Www.theworldaccordingtojess.co.uk)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post relates to may so much! Sometimes you have got to put the things you love on the back burner for a little while, just to makes those other things in life the most important

    CharlotteSamantha // www.charlottesamantha.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, its a shame but needs to be done xx

      Delete
  4. I was in the same position as you last year, get your A Levels done as they are SUPER important. Then once you finish focus on your blog and give yourself a break, exam season is hard work!

    Parie x
    classandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! I'm so excited to be done, and blog away as much as I want xx

      Delete
  5. I love personal posts like this. Blogging is great fun and starts as a hobby for a lot of people. Keep it up!

    www.sophschoices.co.uk

    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved this! I started my job as a reporter in the journalism world in September and since then I have 0 hours to blog. My hours are so not 9-5 and by the time I get home I just want to chill. I've booked off next week however so I can kick start blogging again and prepare some posts at least a week in advance!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good, I'm glad! That's amazing, I hope next week goes well xx

      Delete
  7. Don't put so much pressure on yourself! I'm a freelancer and whilst I am very busy at the moment, there's still the flexibility with my job to blog. I also rather enjoy your rambles :)

    eleanor
    elleanorwears.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh good I love having a little ramble on my blog every now and again, I'm sure there will be more to come xx

      Delete
  8. How long have you been blogging in total? :) I enjoyed it, maybe you are too hard on yourself... it's your enthusiasm that comes across the most :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two years, thank you so much I am so glad you see that xx

      Delete
  9. How long have you been blogging in total? :) I enjoyed it, maybe you are too hard on yourself... it's your enthusiasm that comes across the most :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can relate to this post so much! I'm currently doing A-Levels as well and I'm struggling so much to balance school, social life and my blog all at once, and to be honest, I fail most of the time.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one going through this!

    Franzi. x // [http://franzizzy.blogspot.com/]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your not the only one at all, good luck for your A Levels I hope they all go well then focus on your blog after that xx

      Delete
  11. Aww you're doing great! Don't be so hard on yourself. I love your blog, we all do! x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are amazing and the way you expressed...true blogger indeed..... don't worry you will reach cloud 7 awesome blossom !
    - Shruti
    www.onthewaywithanalogs.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete

Latest pins