Latest Instagrams
Saturday 26 March 2016

Charlotte Tilbury Bar of Gold

Charlotte Tilbury originally released the Bar of Gold back in 2013, and to be perfectly honest her name meant nothing to me back then, so I missed that entire craze. However it must of gone down a storm as it's now been realised again, and I believe it's now back for good and part of the permanent range. I'm a highlighter fiend so I'm more than happy to add another one to my collection, and this tops them all.


The packaging is, well, a bar of gold and although beautifully looking with the little square golden box which houses the beautifully imprinted product it is made of cardboard. Which initially I have no problem with, it does the job and looks beautiful however I am a little bit concerned that in the join it may rip or tear after use but I haven't put this to the test enough to experience this yet but I will let you know if it does.
It is a very gold highlighter, however it doesn't just stick out like a stripe of gold shimmer on the skin. It blends beautifully, leaving your cheeks looking sun kissed and glowing. It is very pigmented, a little bit does go a long way but don't let this put you off because depending on how you apply it you can be left with a beautifully defused glow, or a full on bam heres my highlight kinda look. It is a finely milled powder, which is what gives it the diffused look on the skin and makes it so easy to wear.
This is just as good as a bar of gold in my eyes, and anyway who doesn't want to own their very good bar of gold in makeup form?
Follow

13 comments:

  1. Wow. That packaging looks amazing! I'm into more champagne coloured highlights myself but this is going staight on the wishlist! x

    Corinne | Hello Corinne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Charlotte Tilbury packaging is the best xx

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, this is stunning!

    Parie x
    classandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the packaging of this highlight and it is quite natural. I do think cheaper highlights give a better glow though !
    Www.glitzandglamourmakeup.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Despite my love of highlighter I don't actually own all that many, I need to try some more xx

      Delete
  4. The product does look divine although I'd expect metal or at least plastic packaging when I'm paying £30+!xx

    http://bit.ly/angmkup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was exactly how I felt initially, but as long as it doesn't break on me I'll be happy xx

      Delete
  5. I love a gold highlighter for when I am tanned. This product looks amazing! Love the packaging and the idea behind it.
    Happy Easter.

    www.thelisasworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks so beautiful! I'm really pale and I find that gold highlighter shades usually stick out like a sore thumb, but this looks like a more muted/champagne shade which could potentially work wonders!

    The only thing that lets me down about this though is the cardboard packaging, I wish it was a little more luxurious like the rest of the CT products :(

    Isabelle | www.isabellekategm.co.uk ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really pale too, and because of how diffused it looks on the skin you can get it to work. I know such a shame compared to the rest of the collection xx

      Delete

Latest pins