Latest Instagrams
Saturday 31 October 2015

High Street Foundation: The Low Down

Highstreet brands are starting to offer a huge range of good quality of foundations at affordable prices. Now encompassing more skin tones than ever, with various finishes, coverage and extra properties you are almost bound to find a foundation to suit your needs. There is a huge range of base products available from BB Creams to full on high coverage foundation, and working out whats best for you can be tricky. I have picked a few of my favourite which all have different properties to help you narrow down what products to try.

Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation | Rimmel are a great place to start for foundations, and if your looking for a high coverage foundation this is a great option. With a natural finish on the skin, this covers everything however does come with some risks. It is a very thick formula, and therefore can look cakey if not blended in to your skin properly. I recommend moisturising well before, and using a damp beauty blender like the Real Techniques Sponge. If you have oily skin you may need to set this with a powder, however with my dry skin I don't as I find the finish doesn't look oily and the foundation stays put all day.

Rimmel Lasting Finish Nude Foundation | A lighter version of the previous foundation, with a medium to high coverage on the skin. This is my everyday favourite because of the coverage without the thick consistency of the previous foundation. Lighter on the skin, however with the same natural finish and long lasting properties to it. I still do apply this with a sponge, as that is my preferred method and then add a bit of concealer if needed.

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation | Bourjois are another brand with a huge range of foundations, and bases a lot of which I love. This is a medium coverage foundation, with a dewy finish, adding lots of radiance to your skin and the finish of your foundation. I love the dewy finish so do not set this with powder at the moment with my dry skin, but when my skin returns to combination I probably will just to ensure it stays put all day. This foundations blends really well, and feels very comfortable sitting on the skin.

L'Oreal Infallible 24 Hour Matte | High coverage foundation, however it does have a thin consistency and is thick when applying. It leaves your skin looking very matte and therefore if you have dry skin this may not be the kind of thing your looking for. For anyone who has oily skin this may be the long lasting, matte foundation your looking for. Designed to stay in place all day it keeps your skin looking shine free, however as I don't have oily skin I can't comment on how well it does this.

Bourjois 123 Perfect Foundation | With correcting properties this foundation is ideal for anyone with an pigmentation issues, the foundation contains different pigments all of which work together to counteract any issues you may have. With a natural to dewy finish I love the way this sits on the skin, covering and correcting while still looking natural. It has a light/medium coverage, and is a perfect everyday pick for those of you who aren't to fussed about ultra high coverage but what perfected natural looking skin.

I have so many more highstreet foundations which I tried but haven't managed to fit in here, I may do some more posts similar to this.
What are your favourite highstreet foundations? What's your favourite highstreet brand?
Follow

3 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to try the bourjois 123 foundation for ages, really need to give it a swatch when I'm next in Boots! I'm using their Healthy Mix serum atm and really love it :)
    Love Holly x

    www.thehollydays.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the rimmel lasting finish foundations too!xx

    http://www.perks0fbeingnazia.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive been wanting to try the healthy mix foundation but always see such mixed reviews!

    ReplyDelete

Latest pins