Latest Instagrams
Wednesday 30 September 2015

MAC Studio Sculpt | The Dewy, Full Coverage, Long Wearing, Flawless Foundation

MAC Studio Sculpt foundation is something which I have heard lots about but up until recently haven't been able to bring myself to buy. With the high coverage, dewy finish and in my opinion the answer to flawless looking skin I knew it was something which I was desperate to try.

A quick note on packaging, in the plastic tube you get 40 ml of product. I much prefer this packaging just for ease, it doesn't break or smash and you can get every smidgen of product out without too much difficulty. Being able to control the amount of product dispensed is also very useful, instead of having to rely on the pumps which never pump quite enough. With the matte black lid I still feel it looks as classy, and high quality as the rest of the MAC packaging, but as I have said before I believe that with MAC you are paying for the quality and not for fancy packaging like you do with other brands.
The consistency of the Studio Sculpt foundation is very thick, as I previously mentioned this is full coverage and therefore you would expect it. It isn't heavy on the skin however, I apply this with my damp beauty blender, and I love the finish which you get. It sits really nicely on your skin, not creating a layer but blending seamlessly with your skin, ensuring you don't look like your wearing a mask. It has a natural finish, not overly dewy but not completely matte and flat, once this sets it really will not budge all day and for that reason and with my dry skin I personally do not powder all over, but I would imagine for anyone with oily skin this would be a necessity.
Personally this is not an everyday foundation, because of the price and the fact that I do like something lighter day to day. Something to remember is that a little does go a long way, and I feel like I won't be needing to replace this anytime soon however it is now a staple in my makeup bag, and my go to for a long wearing foundation.
Have you tried any MAC Foundations? What is your favourite high coverage foundation?
Follow

2 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to try this but I used studio fix fluid a few years and it broke me out! I might try a sample and see how it goes because it sounds lovely xxx

    Karan| studentbeautyhack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard a couple of people say it broke them out, but I had no problems at all- getting a sample is a good idea because it is a lovely foundation xx

      Delete

Latest pins