Latest Instagrams
Friday 9 January 2015

Travel || Thailand: Bangkok Life

 If you follow me on any of my social media you would know that all I want to do is travel, one of my biggest goals in life and over Christmas I was lucky enough to be able to travel round Thailand with my family. I wanted to blog about this in a way which wouldn't be boring for all of you guys, I want to incorporate more travel posts in my blog and hopefully as I get older I will be doing a lot more travelling to blog about. This is the first of many posts which I will be uploading of my trip to Thailand, I will also be posting tips and special posts all on one attraction as well as advice and my opinions and thoughts so they will be thrown into the mix as well. This post is very photo heavy, but you know pictures speak 1000 words and all that! Plus how could I show such an amazing place without all of these photos.
 
 I did warn you, a lot of photos. By the way photo creds to my lovely mummy who took all the photographs on the trip as I didn't have a camera and she's chief photographer. I won't give you a minute by minute account of everything which we did, neither will I be doing one of these posts for each individual day but this post was to just capture general Bangkok Life and these were the first and second day. There are a lot of markets which I loved exploring, there are just stacks of the same thing all in one area and then you will move to a different area and it will be another section of stuff. The markets are often 24 hours so there are lots of people who sleep, live and work on their stalls. As well as this they also have lots of temples and spirit houses all over the places, for Buddha and the spirits who they believe (I think) to look over them and protect them. Red and gold are covering the decretive buildings which often also have Buddha's inside.  I loved just wandering down the back streets and passed all of the houses, everyone is so friendly in Thailand and even though there is a slight language barrier they are always very smiley and pleased to see you. Through Bangkok there are canals or clongs which wind there through the edge of the city. We were walking down these on the endless search for the Barge Museum, through what seemed like peoples gardens and an endless maze of little paths until we eventually found it, very well tucked away. If you are ever in Bangkok I set you the challenge of finding the Royal Barge Museum by foot. Thai's don't seem to be all that keen on signs, and if there is by chance a sign its often quite well hidden. The hotel which we were staying in was very luxurious, very unlike the normal budget holidays which we go on but it was so much fun and I don't think I have ever stayed anywhere like that before and it was something nice to arrive to and right on the river which meant we could use the river taxis. Watermelon crushes or smoothies were something Amelia and I discovered and now love, basically whizzed up watermelon but in the hot it was so refreshing and cooling. Harmonique was were we ate the second night and the food was delicious, traditional Thai cuisine.

I would just like to add that these posts are in no way showing off or bragging about my holiday, as this is my blog I wanted to expand it to share something else which I am passionate about which is travel so please don't be offended in any way.

 My Facebook Follow on Twitter | Follow on Bloglovin'
Follow

10 comments:

  1. Wow, looks like such an amazing holiday! Now I want to go to Thailand :) really interesting post, can't wait to read more x

    www.peppermintandpandaeyes.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such an amazing place, look out for my other posts to see more of Thailand xx

      Delete
  2. your photos are amazing, travelling round thailand is somethng that ive always wanted to do! im hoping that one summer before i finish university i will have the chance! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2015/01/overcoming-anxiety.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well muma sandford needs to take the credit for the photos but thank you :) its such an amazing place to go, check back for my other posts to see more xx

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous photos, looks like such a lovely place!
    Maeve // Thrift O'Clock

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, that last picture makes me so hungry! Lol.
    ChicAndAlluring.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow your photos are unreal!! I am thinking about travelling around Thailand next summer and this is very much getting me in the mood :) xxxx

    thechinadolldiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its really amazing look out for my other posts on it xx

      Delete

Latest pins